Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Potato Chowder

My mouth is watering as I think about making this tomorrow night.

Potato Chowder

8 cups diced peeled potatoes
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 cans (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese; cubed
1/2 ob. bacon; cooked and crumbled
snipped chives

In a slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Add cream cheese, and stir until blended. Garnish with bacon and chives.

*I'm actually going to make this on the stove top tomorrow, because I haven't gone to the store for ingredients yet. Also I like to add the bacon straight to the soup so it's good and bacon-y all the way through. Mmm...bacon.

3 comments:

Bryant Quigley said...

Did I give you this recipe?
This is my favorite potato soup!
Jen

(me)linda said...

Heck yeah I got it from you. I love it too. I've made it for a couple church things, and I always get compliments on it. So thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

please, please never put corn in this...pops