
apple pie caramel apples
(caramel sauce)
1 pound butter
1 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
Heat over medium stirring constantly until candy thermometer reads 250 degrees.
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (more or less to taste)
dash apple pie seasoning (optional)
4-6 apples chilled
sticks
Make sure the apples are nice and cold then push a stick into the middle and dip into caramel sauce 1 or 2 times. Hold upright for a few moments to let the caramel harden on the cold apples. Place on parchment paper and chill for 10 minutes.
Melt white chocolate over a double boiler until just melted, do not let it get too hot or it will get scortched and will not ever be smooth.
Cut access caramel from the bottom of apple, and dip in white chocolate. (I roll it along the side to make sure it doesn't get too thick). Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture and chill again until chocolate hardens.
I had left over caramel sauce so I poured it over 1 bag unbuttered popcorn (since it is Mom Q's caramel recipe for caramel popcorn... which is Lee's favorite).
2 comments:
WOW! I haven't had a caramel apple since I was a kid. Those sound amazing.
I have a feeling I'm going to be sad to miss your Thanksgiving dinner.
why do i always have to wait till halloweenie for one of these bad boys?...pops
Post a Comment