Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mom’s Creamy White Chili

I wish I had a picture of this. Guess I'll have to buckle down, and make it so I can add one. Looks easy enough. :) I've been dying to eat this again ever since Britani made it for family dinner. PS: I wish all you Quigleys lived closer so you could join our monthly family potlucks. They've been a lot of fun!

BJ's Creamy White Chili

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
1 TB. oil
2 (15 oz.) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained (1 ½ cups dry beans cooked or 3 ½ cups cooked beans)
2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ cup whipping cream
1 cup sour cream


In a large pan, sauté chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Serve immediately. Serves 7.

1 comment:

Gwenny said...

Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while. I was sooooo stoked to find this recipe on here. I'm telling you what... this was absolutely to die for over New Year's. Yum, yummy in my tummy. Thanks for sharing, Mom.